Saturday 6 September 2008

Factories - Murray Goulburn

I have decided to do a series of photos of the local factories. Why you might ask, well I find them really interesting. Apparently other people don't, but hey they are my photos so i don't care. Actually I'm just being pig headed and want to prove the point that boring subjects can make interesting photos. Anyway, this is the Murray Goulburn Milk Processing plant at Koroit. I took this photo at about 8:30 at night. I really wanted to capture the plumes of smoke. i think i might try it again earlier in the night when there is still some blue in the sky. I desaturated the photo, and added some a little noise.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good idea patti, to do a series on them. I like how you captured the smoke.

DX said...

Yes Patti it is a good idea. Despite my throw away line the other day I have also tried to photograph industrial buildings and tried to capture their atmosphere. It is also really good to capture buildings that may soon be demolished, eg old woollen mill. I like your manipulation ideas, Venice of the south, now I'd like to see that.

Patti said...

Thanks Lisa and Graham. I think you are right about my other pic though, i think it lacked atmosphere. I want these one to be more gritty.

summerbl4ck said...

great idea. they look so dramatic at night in b+w. love how you captured the smoke