Thursday 22 February 2007

One of those days

You know those days when everything goes right....well this wasn't one of those days. You are probably wondering why a light house when the theme is roads etc, well there is a story. Today we had a really big sea mist roll in at about lunchtime, so after I picked the kids up from school I thought I would go to Port fairy (about 30min away) to take a pic of the light house in the mist. I had visions of the light house shrouded in mist, with crashing waves. After hiking about 3/4 of a mile I got to the light house and as you can see the reality just didn't match my vision.
The worst part was I had forgotten I had to take Joey to Girl Guides until Shane rang me. It was only 15 mins until it started and I still had to get back to the car and drive home. I got her to guides about 1/2 hour late. I felt really guilty, but Joey was really cool about it.





iso 400, f 22, ss 1/125

8 comments:

nomo wino daph said...

This looks like a postcard!!
I love it!

Sue said...

Even though it didn't meet your expectations this is a wonderful picture :)

Jenny said...

Looks like you took a less than optimal situation and still got a great shot. Love the perspective and color on this.

Mom2Drew said...

Oh wow how I love this photo. We don't have any lighthouses around here so this makes me yearn to see them again. I like your angle/perspective here and how you can see the fog.

Angela said...

Oh you poor thing, but it turned out to be a great photo anyway. Love the angle, were you down on the floor?

Anonymous said...

I did exactly the same thing the other day Patti..wednesday..drove into eudunda and the fog was beautiful..thought I'd go to the cemetery just outside town for some foggy, ethereal, angels and crosses with that whole eerie fog light happening..and it was pretty much clear as a bell..could only see fog in the paddocks beyond.
you got a good shot anyway:)

Patti said...

Yeah, I should have stayed at home, here I could barely see the end of the street.
Angela I was crouch right down with my bum nearly in the water to get this angle.

Amanda said...

Wow! I LOVE it!